Canopy’s Removal Prevention feature stops any attempt to remove or disable Canopy without your permission. If Removal Prevention is active on your child’s smartphone or tablet, you will need to turn it off before you can remove the Canopy app.
To disable Removal Prevention:
1. Open your Canopy for Parents app or web dashboard.
2. Choose the child whose device you want to remove Canopy from. On the Canopy for Parents app, your child profiles will appear across the top of your home screen. On the Canopy web dashboard, they will appear along the left side of your screen.
3. If you’re on the Canopy for Parents app, click the Device Settings button. If you’re on the Canopy web dashboard, click Protection Settings.
4. Locate the section titled Removal Prevention and toggle the switch to the grey “off” position.
Once Removal Prevention is turned off, follow these steps to remove Canopy from your child’s smartphone or tablet:
- On your child’s device, open the Canopy for Kids app (the app icon is green and features the Canopy logo).
- In the upper left-hand corner, click the menu button.
- When the menu opens, select the child whose device you wish to remove Canopy from.
- Click Remove Canopy.
- Canopy will now automatically uninstall itself from your child’s device. The uninstallation process may take a minute or two.
Canopy uses technology called an MDM (Mobile Device Management) profile to offer certain features. On iPhone and iPad, if you delete the Canopy for Kids app by the common method of holding the app icon until it shakes and clicking the X button, the MDM profile may not be uninstalled, which may cause internet connectivity problems. If you believe you are experiencing this issue, please contact our Customer Support team for help removing the MDM profile. This issue has been resolved for Canopy for Kids versions 3.08 and higher.