Sign Up & Install:
Canopy’s Removal Prevention feature stops any attempt to remove or disable Canopy without your permission. If Removal Prevention is active on your child’s smartphone or tablet, you will need to turn it off before you can remove the Canopy app.
To disable Removal Prevention:
1. Open your Canopy for Parents app or web dashboard.
2. Choose the child whose device you want to remove Canopy from. On the Canopy for Parents app, your child profiles will appear across the top of your home screen. On the Canopy web dashboard, they will appear along the left side of your screen.
3. If you’re on the Canopy for Parents app, click the Device Settings button. If you’re on the Canopy web dashboard, click Protection Settings.
4. Locate the section titled Removal Prevention and toggle the switch to the grey “off” position.
Once Removal Prevention is turned off, follow these steps to remove Canopy from your child’s smartphone or tablet:
- On your child’s device, open the Canopy for Kids app (the app icon is green and features the Canopy logo).
- In the upper left-hand corner, tap the menu button.
- Click Remove Canopy.
- Canopy will now automatically uninstall itself from your child’s device. The uninstallation process may take a minute or two.
You can also send a request from the child’s device to allow removal of Canopy:
- Open Canopy child App.
- In the top left-hand corner tap the menu button.
- Tap Remove Canopy. A request is sent to the parent.
- After the parent allows removal either from the Dashboard or the Parent App, open Canopy child once again and tap Remove Canopy from the menu once again. The App will be removed.
Keep in mind that removing Canopy doesn’t mean you have canceled the subscription and you still have an active account. If you wish to cancel the account please check out this guide
Canopy uses technology called an MDM (Mobile Device Management) profile to offer certain features. On iPhone and iPad, if you delete the Canopy for Kids app by the common method of holding the app icon until it shakes and clicking the X button, you will be prompted with a notification that removal isn’t allowed. Removing the MDM from the device’s settings is possible if removal preventions aren’t activated.
Was this post helpful?
No posts found!
No posts found!