To install the Canopy Kids app on your child’s Mac computer, please follow these steps:
- On your child’s Mac computer, open Safari and navigate to canopy.us/install.
- A pop-up will ask you whether you’re on a Mac or an iPad. Click the I’m on Mac button.
- Use your email address and password to log in to Canopy. If you don’t already have a Canopy account, please click “Sign Up” at the bottom of the page to create one.
- Click Select Child and select the child you wish to protect. If you don’t see your child, please create a new child profile before proceeding. Note that a six-letter pairing code has appeared in your browser. You will need this code later.
- Click Download to begin the installation process. Wait a moment while Canopy downloads to your computer’s Downloads folder.
- Click the Downloads button near the top right corner of your Safari window. Find and click the file titled CanopyMac.dmg. A new window titled “CanopyMAC” will open.
- In the new window, double-click the green Canopy icon.
- When prompted, click Open.
- Switch to back to the Internet browser you were using before and locate the pairing code mentioned in Step 4. Enter the code into the new window and press Next.
- If you are prompted for your pairing code, switch to back to the Internet browser you were using before. You will find a six letter code next to Step 3. Enter it and press Next. If you aren’t prompted for the code, you can skip this step.
- A message will appear asking you to enter your Mac administrator password. Enter your Mac password and click OK.
- Click Done. Congratulations! Canopy’s Smart Filter will now protect this Mac. Removal Prevention has been enabled automatically.
- The Canopy Kids icon will now appear in the bar that runs along the top of the screen. You can access Canopy Kids by clicking the icon.
Was this post helpful?
No posts found!
No posts found!