Sign Up & Install:
To install the Canopy Kids app on your child’s iPhone or iPad, please follow the steps below.
- You’ll need to install Canopy Kids on the device you wish to protect with Canopy, so make sure you have your child’s iPhone or iPad handy.
Note: if your child’s Apple device is set not to allow App Store purchases or downloads, you’ll need to temporarily turn off those restrictions. You can turn them back on after Canopy is installed. Click here for instructions from Apple.
- On your child’s device, open Safari and navigate to canopy.us/install.
- Use your email address and password to log in to Canopy. If you don’t already have a Canopy account, please create one now.
- Select the profile of the child you wish to protect. If you don’t see your child, please press “Add Device” and create a new child profile.
- Press Start Now to begin the installation process.
- Press Next in the top right corner. When Canopy Kids prompts you to download the Canopy MDM Profile, press accept.
- Exit Safari and return to your device’s home screen.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Press Profile Downloaded. It will be near the top of the menu.
- Press Install in the top right corner. If you have a passcode, you will be required to enter it.
- You will receive several prompts asking for various permissions. When prompted, press Trust and Install.
- Canopy Kids will now automatically install. To watch it happen, please reopen Safari.
- You will receive several prompts asking for various permissions. Please accept them. Canopy will not be able to protect your child without them.
- Congratulations! Canopy Kids is set up successfully. Canopy Kids will now appear on the device’s home screen.
- When you open Canopy Kids for the first time, press Allow when prompted to let the app send you helpful notifications about your child’s online activity.
Once Canopy is installed, a VPN icon will appear on your device’s status bar. This indicates that the filter is active. On some iPhone and iPad models, the VPN icon may be hidden. You can see the VPN icon by swiping down the screen from the top right corner.
Was this post helpful?
No posts found!
No posts found!