To remove one of your child’s device profile from your Canopy account, please follow the steps below.
Note: this article is about removing a child’s profile from your account, not uninstalling the Canopy for Kids app from their device. You have to uninstall Canopy child from the device to remove the profile from the account. For instructions on how to uninstall Canopy for Kids, click here for smartphones and tablets or here for computers
Important: If Removal Prevention is turned on for the device profile you wish to delete, you must turn it off before you delete the profile. If you do not, serious problems may occur.
- Open the Canopy for Parents app on your mobile device or log in to your Canopy web dashboard.
- Navigate to the Account Settings menu. On the app, you’ll find it by clicking the menu button in the top left corner of your screen. On the web dashboard, you’ll find it by clicking the circular button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Devices Protected section of the Account Settings page.
- On the right-hand side of the page press the trash bin icon for the child device profile you wish to delete. When prompted, press Delete the Device.
(Note: If Canopy Child was installed on an Android device, the bin icon will not appear immediately, it will take about an hour, for iPhones and PCs the bin will be there as soon as you remove the child’s app)
- Your child device profile has been deleted. If the profile you deleted was linked to an active Canopy license, that license will now become available for use with a different child device. For instructions on how to add a new child device, click here.
Keep in mind that removing the profile from the account doesn’t cancel the account. If you wish to cancel your active account please use this guide
Was this post helpful?
No posts found!
No posts found!