This feature offers an extra layer of protection from inappropriate content even for offline content or when offline
Once enabled, Canopy will scan the screen every second, filtering on the go, allowing you to either close the current app, disable the feature, or send the content to be checked in case you disagree.
If you have recently installed Canopy Child you have had the option to activate the new feature in the installation process.
If you are already using Canopy Child on your Mac please activate the Always-On Protection by granting permission to record the screen:
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Security & Privacy.
- Scroll to select Screen Recording.
- Allow changes by clicking the lock icon and entering the admin’s password.
- Grant Canopy the permission to record the screen.
Note: if Canopy is not shown in the list, Go to Canopy icon on the upper menu bar and click “Enable Offline Protection”
- Approve the action by clicking Quit & Reopen.
- Click the lock icon to prevent further changes. Always-On Protection is now active. to disable it, revoke Canopy permission for Screen Recording