Canopy’s Removal Prevention feature for Mac and Windows devices stops any attempt to remove or disable Canopy without your permission. If Removal Prevention is active on your child’s computer, you will need to turn it off before you can remove the Canopy app.
To remove Canopy, follow these steps:
- On your child’s computer, click the green Canopy icon that appears in the menu bar at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click Uninstall.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to grant your child permission to remove Canopy. Click Send Request.
- Open your Canopy for Parents app or web dashboard.
- Choose the child whose device you want to remove Canopy from. On the Canopy for Parents app, your child profiles will appear across the top of your home screen. On the Canopy web dashboard, they will appear along the left side of your screen.
- If you’re on the Canopy for Parents app, click the Device Settings button. If you’re on the Canopy web dashboard, click Protection Settings.
- Locate the section titled Removal Prevention and toggle the switch to the grey “off” position.
- On your child’s computer, click the Canopy icon and click Uninstall again.
- Enter the administrator password for your child’s computer. This is the same password you use to log in after you first turn on the computer.
- Canopy will now automatically uninstall itself from your child’s computer.