Sign Up & Install:
To install the Canopy Kids app on your child’s Chromebook device, please follow these steps:
- Share an Installation link from the Parent App or Dashboard to your child’s Chromebook.
(You can also find the Canopy Kids app in the Chromebook’s Google Play Store.)
- Open the link on the Chromebook. It will direct you to the browser to start installing.
Click Download and choose to Open with Play Store, then install and open the app.
- Accept all three disclaimers that will be prompted on the Android OS screen.
- Select Kids Protection App option, select I have an account, and enter your account credentials when prompted.
- Select the child you want to install protection for and click Continue With Installation.
- Activate Accessibility services for Canopy.
- Allow Canopy to Display over other apps.
- Allow data usage access for Canopy.
- Approve the VPN access.
- Choose whether to protect Canopy from removal or not. This can be set up later from the Parent App or Dashboard.
*If you choose to prevent removal, you will be prompted to activate Device Manager.
- Allow Location Services.
- Install the security certificate from the following location:
Settings–> Security–> Credentials–> Install a certificate–> CA certificates.
You will have to click Install Anyway and to approve the action with your device lock passcode.
Open the file myca.crt from the list to install it.
- Install the security certificate on the browser:
Open Chrome browser. Click the three vertical dots on the top right corner to open the menu and select Settings.
On the Settings page select Privacy and Security from the side menu.
Scroll down to select Security.
Scroll down again and select Manage Certificates.
Select the Authorities tab and click the Import button.
Select the myca.crt file from the list and mark all three check boxes when prompted.
- Click Finish to finalize installation.